Wednesday, January 15, 2014
3 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. AP flour
Combine cream cheese and butter. Stir in flour. Refrigerate about one hour. Press into an ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1 stick butter, melted
1 t. vanilla
1 c. pecan halves (or pieces)
Preheat oven to 350. Combine eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in large bowl; blend well. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared crust. Bake 45 to 50 minute or until set. Cool.
Easy and very tasty.
Thursday, January 2, 2014
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and
- bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15
- minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and
- pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Stir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired.
- Stir into the cauliflower mixture. Yield: 8 servings (about 2