Thursday, February 25, 2016
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Monday, February 22, 2016
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Monday, February 15, 2016
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces caramels (like Kraft caramels)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. This makes cleaning up easier with the caramel.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. In another large bowl, beat together the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk. Add the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon two thirds of the batter into the greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the caramel filling. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the caramels and sweetened condensed milk stirring 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. Can also melt over medium low heat in a saucepan.
- Pour the melted caramel over the warm brownie layer. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top. Drop remaining brownie batter over the top of the caramel and carefully swirl the top with a knife. Bake for an additional 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Allow the brownies to completely cool before serving. Can also garnish the brownies lightly with additional sea salt.
from The Recipe Critic