- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups fresh yellow corn kernels
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup softened goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add corn and onion, and sauté 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl; gradually whisk in goat cheese until blended. Whisk in basil and next 3 ingredients; stir in corn mixture and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese until blended. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool 15 minutes.
from Southern Living Nov. 2013