Recipe: Oh-So-Easy Slow Cooker Caramel
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 small canning jars with lids and rings (optional)
- a slow cooker
- (Optional) Divide the sweetened condensed milk from 2 cans equally into 3 small canning jars. Close jars with lids and rings.
- Place jars (or the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk) into slow cooker and fill slow cooker as full as you possibly can so that jars or can are completely submerged in the water. This is important! No part of the jar or can should be out of the water at any time! Turn slow cooker to low for 8-10 hours, refilling water if necessary.
- Let caramel cool on counter at room temperature before opening. The canning jars may appear to seal but the caramel will NOT be shelf stable–it should be stored in the refrigerator! Use as a topping for ice-cream, as a dip for apples, or in recipes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)