For the brownies:
1 batch brownies, baked and cooled - use your favorite recipe or box mix For the peanut butter filling:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream For the chocolate frosting:
1 cup white sugar 6 tbsp butter 6 tbsp milk 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet) For topping: 8 ounces Reese's Minis
1. Use your favorite brownie recipe or box mix to bake a batch of brownies in a 9x13 baking dish. Let cool completely before proceeding.
2. To prepare the peanut butter filling, beat together the butter and peanut butter until well combined in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment. On low speed, beat in the powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream until mixture is thick and fluffy and well combined. Thin with more heavy cream if desired to reach the consistency you prefer.
3. Spread the peanut butter mixture over the brownies.
4. To make the chocolate frosting, add sugar, butter, and milk to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for exactly 60 seconds and remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and continue stirring until the chocolate has melted.
5. Immediately pour the chocolate frosting over the peanut butter layer and gently spread with an offset spatula. 6. Let the chocolate frosting cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling with chopped Reese's candies.
7. Let sit for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
Connie, Vickie, Helen and Sandy - weary of always swapping recipes for Thanksgiving, Christmas and entertaining -- we decided to post them here. They are mostly southern, as we are -- proudly hailing from Kingsport, Tennessee, Dobyns-Bennett High School, and Trevecca Nazarene College.
Butter, mayo, and southern accents are key ingredients. Hope you enjoy - we certainly have!