· 1 cup walnut halves/pieces
· ¼ cup white granulated sugar
· 1 tablespoon butter
1. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat with 1 cup walnuts, ¼ cup granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter.
2. Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so your mixture doesn't burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts melting, stir constantly until all sugar is melted and nuts are coated. Watch for the sugar to become a dark amber color.
3. Transfer immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts right away.
4. Once the coating hardens (5-7 minutes), you can transfer them to the salad or just eat them!